My Home is My Temple

Turn ons: Clean carpets, folded clothes and dusting cloths.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

First Formal Day as Mrs. Housewife

Today is my first official day as a temporary housewife!

I quit my job at the corporate office. Wow. Why on earth would I DO such a thing?? Decent paycheque, 3 weeks paid vacation, benefits, flexible hours, relaxed dress code, discount on books, stress, stress, stress, stress, stress, stress, stress... Ahh yes. Now I remember. I still get benefits via hubby, ditto for the discount, the flexible hours and relaxed dress code seem to be going over well with the new boss (moi) and wow... not much stress yet! Actually, that's a lie. The only thought in the back of my mind today has been "Money, money, money, money, money, money..." Sigh. Hopefully I'll be good with the savings I set aside for this little adventure.

Today I got up early-ish (9am!) and gently puttered around the house. Clean, clean, chill, chill, organize, chill, clean, chill, chill, clean, have a cuppa, shower, clean. Lovely. This will ramp up to a higher level of work and less chill time as this week progresses, but this was a lax first day on the job.

I love being in my home all day doing things. I feel calm and useful. My Husband will have an organized place to come home to at night with supper on the table. How lovely would that be? You come home from work and you DON'T have to cook, do the dishes, do the laundry, scoop the cat box, vacuum, dust, organize, run errands or tidy because... ahhh... it's all done for you! No, all you have to do on your time off is not be at work. You just come home and re-thefuck-lax. CHILL for once. Your home time is for you and not for your chores.

I will also be taking this time to do more art. I think I will start with some paper craft work and then look into some fabric work persnaps. We'll see.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank my husband for supporting me in this. Kev, you're a dream come true. You're my dream come true. Thank you. I promise not to get too comfortable. :P

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Julia! I'm glad to hear that you're settling into your new role as "housewife". No one needs extra stress... and money? Well, money comes and goes... you have it, then you don't. But it always works out in the end. There are LOTS of options.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home